Salary Scale: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum
Sector: Door Intercom | Access Control | Video Distribution | IP connectivity | Audio Visual | Public Address |
Main Job Functions:
CIE are one of the UK's leading trade distributors of professional audio visual, door intercom and access control products and are looking to add a Technical Support Engineer to our growing team. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
• Providing ‘Front Line’ pre and post sales technical support
· Technical sales enquiries for Audio Visual and IP Door Intercom product ranges
· Support & liaise with internal and external sales teams
· Produce quotations from all forms of enquiries & technical specifications
· Communicate with suppliers on technical issues
• System Design, Specification & Quotation
· Interpret and design custom AV, intercom and access control systems from detailed plans and specifications
· Follow projects through from design to completion
· Mark customer plans where required using CAD
· Produce CAD drawings of equipment layout, wiring schematics, connection drawings and rack systems.
• Occasional visits to site assisting the external sales team and clients with both pre and post sales and potential fault finding
• Maintain and acquire technical knowledge for products, technologies and processes
• Provide technical support and assistance to field sales staff
CIE-Group is one of the UK’s leading professional AV and security distributors and now seeks to fill this fantastic new opportunity for a dynamic and experienced technical support engineer.
This is a great opportunity to join our Nottingham office-based.system design team which continues to expand to support our unique service-based model of trade distribution.
CIE specialises in the growing convergence of AV and security towards IP connected technologies including I.P. Intercom, Access Control and IP Audio Distribution products and have created this system support role to assist in the end-to-end project support service we offer to our installer and integrator customer base.
This role will best suit an experienced AV / security installer or field engineer looking to move into an office-based design and customer support role.
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity to join our award-winning team, please contact our Head of Technical and System Design Andrew Short – firstname.lastname@example.org - or apply in writing (including a current CV) to:
CIE-Group Ltd, 3 Widdowson Close, Blenheim Ind Est, Bulwell, Nottingham, NG6 8WB